Omnilux Revive (Red Light) and Omnilux Plus (Infra red Light) is the latest therapy trend for treating fine lines and wrinkles and preventing aging.
Light Therapy is an excellent remedy for
- Treating fine lines and wrinkles / Skin laxity
- Delaying the aging process by boosting up collagen synthesis
- Dull skin
- Wound healing after surgery or using ablative or fractional lasers
- Rosacea / Acne
- Hair fall
- No pain
- No down time
- No redness, peeling, blistering or pigmentation
- Used in all skin types
What is the science behind omnilux skin rejuvenation?
Cells in our body contain receptors that can absorb photons of light. For example, fibroblasts (collagen making cells) and mitochondria ( power house of cell) absorb light at 633nm and 830nm, resulting in increased collagen production.
Blood flow increases, leading to greater tissue oxygenation, nutritional exchange and detoxification.
How many treatments are required ?
It varies according to the indication but in general 6-8 light treatments are required to see results.
Is there a limit on the number of treatments?
How soon can one see the results?
Will there be follow up visits?
There should be follow-up treatments (typically 2 or 4 treatments) every month dependending on your life style.
How long is 1 treatment session?
Can this light therapy be used with other skin rejuvenation treatments?
Yes. Infact it complements and enhances the efficacy of other skin rejuvenation treatments.
Is it ultraviolet light?
Can this treatment be taken during pregnancy?
What is the protocol for the light treatment?
- Remove the make up from the skin and wash the face
- Wear the safety goggles.
- Place the face under the LED panels keeping the light panels at 2-8 cm distance from the skin surface.
- Treatment time is 20 minutes.
- Apply moisturizer after the treatment ends.
What are the precautions and contraindications for Omnilux Light Therapy?
- Patient should not be on these drugs
Anti Arrythmic…Amioderone and Chlorpromazine
Anti Arthritis…Azathioprine and Methotrexate
Anti Arthritis …..Gold
Plant Material …St Johns wort (Herbal tea)
- Patient should not be suffering from
Photosensitivity disorders like
- Lupus Erythematosis
- Photo-sensitive eczema
- Photophytodermatitis (Allergy to certain plants)