Microneedling in Pakistan by Dr. Fazeela Abbasi
Microneedling is a kind of cosmetic needling that involves making very small punctures in the skin using very thin needles that have been sterilized. These tiny punctures create regulated inflammation, which in turn triggers a healing response that increases the synthesis of collagen and elastin. This results in skin that is noticeably firmer, smoother, and younger-looking. Microneedling, or collagen induction treatment (CID), is another name for the same procedure.
You can book an appointment with Dr. Fazeela Abbasi who is one the best dermatologists in Pakistan. Those who want to get rid of any kind of scars or blemishes can book an appointment with Dr. Fazeela in Pakistan. Since it’s difficult to get an early appointment with Dr. Fazeela in Pakistan it’s better you book a slot as soon as possible to refrain from any kind of discrepancies.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a state-of-the-art cosmetic procedure designed to rejuvenate your skin. It involves the use of small, sterile needles to create tiny punctures in your skin.
This controlled process triggers the generation of collagen and new skin tissue, ultimately leading to smoother, healthier, and more toned skin. Whether you’re dealing with scars, blemishes, wrinkles, or large pores, microneedling can help.
Why choose Microneedling?
Here’s why microneedling is the go-to solution for countless individuals:
- Revitalized Appearance: Microneedling prompts your skin to rebuild and heal by generating new and healthy cells. This process leaves you with a refreshed and revitalized appearance.
- Anti-Aging Wonder: Microneedling boosts collagen and elastin production, the essential proteins responsible for youthful, firm, and evenly textured skin. With age, these proteins naturally decline, leading to wrinkles and fine lines.
- Versatile Treatment: Microneedling can address a wide range of skin concerns, making it suitable for various skin problems, from surgical and acne scars to sun damage, hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and more.
- Long-Lasting Results: A single microneedling treatment can work wonders, providing immediate benefits and continued skin enhancement for months.
Who Benefits from Microneedling?
Microneedling is the solution you’ve been waiting for if:
- You seek to smooth out your skin and combat acne scars without undergoing painful surgery.
- Small bumps from clogged pores are causing your skin woes.
- You’re in good overall health and have realistic expectations of the procedure.
- You’re looking to achieve radiant, younger-looking skin.
- You’re ready to follow a proper skincare regimen to maintain the results.
However, microneedling may not be suitable for pregnant individuals, those with open wounds, or people undergoing radiation therapy. If you have eczema or keloid scarring, are on blood thinners, or have active infections or open wounds, consult with your doctor before considering microneedling.
The procedure of Microneedling:
Wondering what to expect during a microneedling procedure? Here’s an overview:
- Consultation: First of all Dr. Fazeela Abbasil takes her time to discuss the entire process with you, review your medical history, and assess whether microneedling is the right choice for you or not.
- Numbing: To ensure your utmost comfort throughout the procedure, she starts with the application of a topical anesthetic. Your well-being and comfort are her top priorities.
- Cleansing: Your skin undergoes a thorough cleansing process, meticulously removing impurities and disinfecting your face. This step is vital to ensure a clean slate and eliminate any potential bacteria.
- Needling: Then Dr. Fazeela skillfully utilizes a dermaroller or a specialized microneedling tool. These instruments create controlled micro-punctures on the surface of your skin. The beauty of microneedling lies in its customization, where the depth of penetration is adjusted precisely to meet your unique requirements.
- Serum Application: Following the needling, Dr. Fazeela Abbasi pampers your skin with a specially formulated serum. This serum is a potent blend of moisturizers, vitamins, minerals, and other essential ingredients. The micro-punctures created during the procedure act as gateways, facilitating deeper serum penetration, and ultimately enhancing its effectiveness.
- Sun Protection: Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for the first two weeks following the procedure. If you must be outside, ensure you apply sunscreen generously to shield your delicate skin.
- Avoid Germ-Prone Areas: Stay away from places like lakes and swimming pools, as they may harbor a lot of germs. Keeping your skin clean is crucial during the initial healing period to prevent infection around the puncture wounds.
- No Icing: Resist the urge to apply ice on your face for a couple of days post-treatment. Your skin needs time to recover naturally.
- Clean Hands: Prioritize hygiene by washing your hands thoroughly before touching your face. This helps minimize the risk of introducing harmful bacteria to the treated areas.
- Makeup Pause: Refrain from applying any makeup for the first 24 hours following your microneedling procedure to allow your skin to breathe and heal.
- Topical Antibiotic: If recommended by Dr. Fazeela Abbasi, diligently apply any topical antibiotic cream to the treated areas. This precautionary measure helps ward off potential infections.
What to Expect After Microneedling Treatment:
Microneedling offers a plethora of long-lasting results that will leave you thrilled:
- Immediate Visible Benefits: Microneedling delivers instant gratification with noticeable skin tightening and enhanced radiance right after the treatment.
- Comprehensive Skin Enhancement: Experience a holistic transformation as microneedling effectively reduces the appearance of enlarged pores, acne, as well as wrinkles, and fine lines, resulting in a smoother and more youthful complexion.
- Collagen Boost: Stimulates collagen production, promoting long-term skin health and resilience.
- Reduced Hyperpigmentation: Diminishes the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation, leading to a more even skin tone.
- Enhanced Absorption: Improves the absorption of skincare products, maximizing their effectiveness for ongoing skin maintenance.
- Scar Reduction: Helps to fade scars, including acne scars, providing a smoother skin texture.
- Versatile Application: Suitable for a variety of skin issues and can be used on different parts of the body for overall skin improvement.
- Minimal Downtime: With little to no downtime required, you can return to your daily activities shortly after the procedure.
How Much Does Microneedling Cost in Pakistan?
The cost of microneedling in Pakistan starts at 1000 AED per session. The price may vary depending on factors such as your skin type, the severity of your concerns, and the number of sessions required. To confirm what one session of microneedling will cost you contact Dr. Fazeela’s clinic and confirm the latest pricing.
How Long Do Microneedling Results Last?
The results of microneedling typically last from three to five months. To maintain these results, patients are often advised to schedule follow-up treatments twice a year and follow a proper skincare regimen.
Are Microneedling Results Permanent?
No, microneedling results are not permanent. They typically last for three to five months. However, with proper care and maintenance, you can enjoy long-lasting benefits.
Is Microneedling Painful?
Microneedling is not excessively painful. While you may experience minor discomfort due to the needle-pricking sensation, it is generally well-tolerated by most individuals.
What Is the Recovery Time for Microneedling?
After microneedling, it may take around two to three days to recover fully. During the initial 24 hours, you may experience redness and some swelling, but there is no downtime, and you can resume your regular activities soon after the procedure.
Is Microneedling Better Than a Chemical Peel?
Both microneedling and chemical peels are effective treatments for various skin conditions. Microneedling stimulates collagen production, while chemical peels remove damaged skin layers. The choice between the two depends on your specific skin concerns, and your dermatologist can recommend the best option for you.
How Can I Prepare for Microneedling?
To prepare for microneedling and achieve the best results, consider the following:
- Avoid Accutane and tretinoin for at least six months before the procedure.
- Stop using topical agents that can make your skin sensitive, such as exfoliants, for 5-7 days before treatment.
- Avoid laser exposure for at least two weeks before treatment.
- Minimize sun exposure for at least three weeks before treatment.
- Do not shave on the day of your treatment to avoid skin irritation.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory medications like Ibuprofen or Advil for at least three days before your session.