Best IV Therapy in Islamabad | IV Drip Therapy | IV Vitamin Therapy
What is Vitamin IV Therapy?
IV therapy which is also known as Intravenous Micronutrient Therapy is done to infuse high dose minerals and vitamins in the blood flow. Naturally our body does infuse required minerals and nutrients by itself but the quantity of what the body is absorbing is very minimal. Secondly the process of self-absorption is slow. IV therapy boosts the process and helps to infuse large doses of nutrients and vitamins in your body.
Procedure of IV Therapy in Islamabad
The steps involved in IV vitamin therapy are as follows:
- Your healthcare provider will find the right vein to insert cannula for your therapy. If the vein is difficult to find, your healthcare provider may use ultrasound to scan and find the right vein for insertion of cannula.
- Once the vein is found, the area will be sanitized with sanitizers and wiped before inserting cannula. Your healthcare provider will be gentle during insertion and then apply adhesive tape to hold the cannula in place.
- Once the cannula is inserted in the vein, the cannula will be connected to vitamin IV drip using tubes.
- You will be inspected during infusion to provide you the right dose and to avoid any swelling or reaction.
- When the infusion is complete, cannula and tubes will be removed with extreme precaution.
- Your healthcare provider will apply pressure on the area and apply adhesive tape with cotton to avoid bleeding from the area.
Types of IV Therapy in Islamabad
There are two main types of IV therapies.
- IV Drip Therapy
- IV Push
1. IV Drip Therapy
IV Drip Therapy is used to slowly infuse the high dose of vitamins and minerals in your body through the tubes connected with drip and cannula. The process takes 45 to 60 minutes in completion.
2. IV Push
IV push uses a plastic catheter to infuse doses of vitamins in your vein. The IV push is little similar to the IV drips; However, IV pushes take 15 to 20 minutes in completion.
Uses of IV Therapy in Islamabad
IV Therapy Benefits
The IV therapy benefits are as follows:
- One of IV therapy benefits is that it’s easy bypass to the gastric system, helps the body to absorb large amounts of vitamins and nutrients. The process makes it easy to help target organs heal quickly.
- It provides potential for speedy recovery by inserting medications, nutrients and vitamins to the patient’s body.
- Use of cannula connected to the patient’s vein makes the process convenient as your healthcare can connect drips whenever and you’re in comfort.
What are the Possible Side Effects / Disadvantages of IV Therapy?
One of the disadvantages of IV therapy is that when given too quickly, an IV may lower blood pressure causing warmth, dizziness or fainting. Another disadvantage of IV therapy is some patients may experience burning at the localized IV site.
Risks and Complications
The risk and complications may involve IV therapy are as follows.
- Blood Clot Formation
- Swelling from Blood Clot
- Abscess Development
- Allergic Reaction
Who Should Consider IV Vitamin Therapy?
Individuals who should consider having IV therapy involves:
- Nutrient Deficiency
- Malabsorption Issues
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Chronic Conditions
- Kidney Disease
- Recently Underwent Surgery
You can get IV therapy to infuse nutrients in a clinic setting or in a hospital.
Yes, IV therapy is safe when done by a professional healthcare provider.
IV therapy is used to infuse minerals and nutrients in the bloodstream as per body requirement.
The duration varies on the substance used to infuse in your system.
Recovery time depends on the individual condition after the IV therapy.
IV push takes about 20 minutes while IV Drips takes about 60 minutes.
The frequency of treatment will depend on the client’s needs as well as the condition being treated. The infusions can be given weekly or monthly for more chronic conditions, or for general health maintenance and immune support.
Those who have dehydration or have other nutrient deficiencies can benefit from IV therapy.
Myers’ cocktail, high-dose vitamin C, and B-complex are the common cocktails used in vitamin IV drip therapy.
IV drip is a type of IV therapy which uses cannula and tube connected to drip to infuse minerals and nutrients.
IV therapy cost depends on the costs of healthcare provider services and the cost of substance use to infuse. IV therapy cost starts from 1000 PKR to few thousands.