Xanthelasma:Xanthelasma is localized accumulations of lipid deposits on the eyes; these are yellowish plaques or papules that grow on the inner corner of the eye above the eyelids. These lesions are asymptomatic and treatment is often sought for cosmetic purposes. These are commonly formed when deposits of lipids or fat build under the skin. They are not harmful themselves but may indicate the underlying associated disease, this may sometimes be a sign of heart disease.
Causes Of Xanthelasma:The causes of xanthelasma may vary:
- Some think this may be inherited and run down in the family.
- It may also be linked to high cholesterol levels in the body.
- Lastly, this could be due to inflammation occurring in a particular area.
Xanthelasma Removal In Islamabad :If you are offended by xanthelasmas and it is affecting your appearance then you need not get worried about just seeing a doctor and all your problems will be solved. Yes, a dermatologist is an individual who can help resolve this skin condition by opting for a proper treatment regime depending on your skin type and the degree of growth.
Dr. Fazeela Abbasi – Xanthelasma Treatment In Islamabad:Dr.Fazeela Abbasi is among the renowned dermatologists who remove xanthelasmas, provides her services in Islamabad, and is an expert in laser treatments. She has expertise in laser treatments and has been practicing for more than 13 years. She has been treating her patients successfully in Islamabad. Therefore if anyone is dealing with xanthelasma and wants to get it removed book your appointment now with Dr. Fazila Abbasi and get satisfactory results.
Removing Xanthelasma From Eyelids In Islamabad:Xanthelasma does not go away on its own; they tend to stay on your eyes and may grow larger, while they are generally harmless. You only want to treat this condition for cosmetic purposes. There are various treatment options that can be opted to remove the deposit Some of them which are used by dermatologists are enlisted as follows:
1. Cryotherapy:This is a treatment also known as extreme freezing. In this extremely cold liquid nitrogen is used which is applied to the affected area and this will stagnate the growth of xanthelasma. There is minimal risk of infection with this treatment procedure.
2. Surgical procedure:This can also be removed by a scalpel and later sutured. Possible scarring and bleeding may occur there could be chances of infection but this takes off the xanthelasma from the root. This opts if there is a large growth on the eyelid. Excess skin removal is also done through this method.
3. RF Therapy:Radio waves are applied at a particular frequency and the neoplasm cell dies with minimum chances of relapse.
4. Chemical burn:This treatment uses the chemical to burn the plaque but is rarely used as the eye is the sensitive area.
5. Electro coagulation:Electric current is passed to the affected area by the electrode and this burns the cells and seizes the growth.
6. Laser treatment:Lastly, the most common procedure done is laser treatment. The laser beams are targeted to the affected area and neoplasm cells are destroyed; this is the most expensive treatment of all. Patients are advised to protect their eyes with goggles as the crust will heal in a few days. This may be painful at times so is done under local anesthesia.
Average recovery period:The average recovery period starts immediately after the treatment in laser or surgical procedures are done so it takes a couple of months to heal.
Conclusion:Xanthelasma is a skin condition that is treated by dermatologists and Xanthelasma removal in Dubai can permanently reduce the chances of relapse and infections respectively.
Who removes xanthelasma?
Dermatologists are the physicians who deal with skin disorders therefore as this is the skin condition dermatologists are responsible for its treatment.
How do I permanently remove xanthelasma?
Xanthelasma can be permanently removed by laser or invasive surgery. but still, it may not be guaranteed at times that the relapse will not occur.
Can xanthelasma be removed by laser?
Yes! Xanthelasma can be removed by laser as it destroys the neoplasm cells and reduces the chances of regrowth.